Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*SearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild slogan!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mistake
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Mistake

Male
Number of posts : 37
Nationality : Bosnia
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:50 pm

This is our new slogan/catchword:

veritas vos liberabit

Its latin: The truth will make(set) you free.
Back to top Go down
http://orderofchaos.heavenforum.com
Schneider
Admin
Admin
Schneider

Male
Number of posts : 64
Nationality : Indonesia

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2008 10:55 pm

should we put it under our logo Question
Back to top Go down
Mistake
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Mistake

Male

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 12:33 am

Yes, mobil is working on it
Back to top Go down
Mistake
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Mistake

Male

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:48 am

hm, veritas vos liberabit its ok, but its not uss.
It dont make a senc with the guild name "Order of Choas"

Here are some suqestion, make a comment on them =)

for guild slogan we can use: (all Latin)

Veni, Vidi, Vici
I came, I saw, I conquered

Citius altius fortius
Faster higher stronger

What you think? mabye you have any ideas
Back to top Go down
Mistake
Guild Leader
Guild Leader
Mistake

Male

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 am

From Wikipedia:

Vēnī, vīdī, vīcī (pronounced [ˈweːniː ˈwiːdiː ˈwiːkiː] in Classical Latin or [ˈveni ˈvidi ˈvitʃi] in Vulgar Latin) is a famous Latin sentence spoken by Julius Caesar in 47 BC.[1] It translates as "I came, I saw, I conquered." Its form (a three-part sentence or motto) is classed as a tricolon and a hendiatris. The sentence appears in Plutarch and Suetonius (Plut. Caes. 50, Suet. Iul. 37.). Caesar used the sentence as the full text of his message to the Roman senate describing his recent victory over Pharnaces II of Pontus in the Battle of Zela in Zile, a town of Tokat
city in contemporary Turkey. Caesar's terse remark simultaneously
proclaimed the totality of his victory and served to remind the senate
of Caesar's military prowess (Caesar was still in the midst of a civil
war); alternatively, the remark can be viewed as an expression of
Caesar's contempt for the patrician senate, traditionally representing the most powerful group in the Roman Republic.
Vēnī, vīdī, and vīcī are first person perfect tense forms of the three Latin verbs veniō, venīre; videō, vidēre, and vincō, vincere.

[edit] Cultural references

Variations of the sentence "Veni, Vidi, Vici" are often quoted in music, art, literature, and entertainment.
At times, it has been misconceived as a sort of "magic word." The three words in the sentence are similar, suggesting a sort of chant or spell. The television show Doug from Nickelodeon applied the term as such.
It is also often parodied, for example "We came, we saw, we kicked its ***!" from the movie Ghostbusters, "I came, I sawed, I hammered” in a Winnie the Pooh video and "Veni, Vidi, We kicked their asses!" from the videogame Halo 2 (a human NPC line after a successful confrontation). In "Married to the Mob", the carved headboard of a bed bears the words "Veni, Veni, Veni" (I came, I came, I came).
It is also found on the Phillip Morris emblem on popular cigarette brand, Marlboro.
The sentence lends itself to use in music, and has been used in works ranging from the opening of Handel's opera Giulio Cesare in Egitto, through You came, you saw, you conquered me from These Foolish Things (Remind Me of You) in the 1940s, to the title of an album by rapper Ja Rule and the lines I came, I saw, I conquered - From record sales, to sold out concerts in "Encore" by Jay-Z. It is also used in the title of a song by French singer Alizée from the album Gourmandises. The title of The Hives album Veni Vidi Vicious
is another play on words with the suffix -ous added to give it a
different meaning. In 2007, the expression was used as a song title on
the album Good Bad Not Evil by the band Black Lips.
Apart from numerous references in literature, the sentence is also
often used in more general contexts, for example in the species name of
the Conquered Lorikeet (Vini vidivici). It is often used as a motto or a tagline, due to its forceful connotation, from the motto of Philip Morris International to a misspelled version ("Vini, Vidi, Vici") used as the motto for the US Army Sniper School, Fort Benning, Georgia.

I like it ^^
Back to top Go down
Mobileban
Trainee
Trainee
Mobileban

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-23

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 1:07 pm

silens Vox
Back to top Go down
Schneider
Admin
Admin
Schneider

Male
Number of posts : 64
Nationality : Indonesia

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 9:00 pm

i think vini vid vici is too common, everybody know this. we should use an unique slogan. that what i think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rabeck

Rabeck

Male
Number of posts : 7
Nationality : Mexican
Registration date : 2008-02-25

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 11:34 pm

I knewd one about warriors, I think that was like this "Honor, power, darkness and chaos are the essense of a true warrior" or something like that, cant remember now
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guild slogan! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guild slogan!   Guild slogan! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild slogan!
Page 1 of 1